Confio GmbH, Potsdamer Platz 1, 10785 Berlin ("we", "us" or "our") operate http://www.confio.gmbh, https://academy.cosmwasm.com, https://cosmwasm.com, https://cosmwasm.getlearnworlds.com, book.cosmwasm.com, docs.cosmwasm.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data in the context of your visit to and use of this website and in the course of our business and your data protection rights.
1. Data Processing Activities
a. NewsletterWe collect and process the Personal Data that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email newsletter. This data may include:
- your email address;
- the date and time of registration;
- your IP address.
This data is collected and processed for the purpose of sending you our newsletter. The legal basis for this processing is your consent (Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR) as provided in the opt-in confir-mation part of our newsletter sign-up process. Your email address will be stored as long as you don't unsubscribe.If you have subscribed to our newsletter, each time you receive a newsletter from us, we may collect and process Personal Data. This data may include:
- the date and time you opened the email;
- what (if any) links or URLs you accessed from our newsletter;
- the location it was accessed from.
b. Defence of legal claims and compliance
We may process any of your Personal Data where it is necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests (Art.6 (1) f) GDPR), namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.Further, we may process your Personal data where such processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation (Art. 6 (1) c) GDPR) to which we are subject. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights.
c. Google FontsWe use Google Fonts based on our legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) f GDPR) to fonts used our Site. The provider is Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google").
e. Recruiting ActivitiesIf you send your application to, by e-mail or by other means, we will process the applicant data for the purpose of the application process. The legal basis for this processing is the fact that we carry out pre-contractual measures or fulfil a contract concluded with you upon your request as a data subject (Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR). Furthermore, the processing is based on relevant national regulations on data protection in the employment context. This applicant data may include:
- email address
- phone number
- GitHub Handle
- home address
- education/qualifications/certificates; and/or
- former employers
f. CosmWasm AcademyIf you register for one of our online courses as part of the Online Training Academy we will process your data for the purpose of your participation in such online course. This processing is based on the contract concluded with us to pursue online training (Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR). This data may include:
- email address
- GitHub Handle
- IP address
- date and time of registration
2. Use of 3rd party application
At the end of our website we link to our social media profiles. Those services might also collect Personal Data.
3. Regular deletion of personal data
4. Your rights as a data subject
You have certain rights under applicable legislation, and in particular under GDPR. We explain these below.
Right to rectification
Right to erasure (right to be ‘forgotten’)You have the general right to request the erasure of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- the personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was col-lected;
- you withdraw your consent to consent based processing and no other legal justification
- you object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- we unlawfully processed your personal information
- and erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation that applies to us.
- exercising the right of freedom of expression and information
- complying with a legal obligation under EU or other applicable law;
- the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes, under certain circumstances;
- and/or the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
Right to restrict processing and right to object to processing
You have a right to restrict processing of your personal information, such as where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal information;
- where processing is unlawful you may request, instead of requesting erasure, that we restrict the use of the unlawfully processed personal information;
- we no longer need to process your personal information but need to retain your infor-mation for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
Right to data portability
Where the legal basis for our processing is your consent or the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, you have a right to receive the personal information you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or ask us to send it to another person.
Right to object to direct marketing (‘opting out’)
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless:
- you have a business relationship with us, and we rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing (as described above)
- you have otherwise given your prior consent (such as when you download one of our guides)
Right to request access
You also have a right to access information we hold about you. We are happy to provide you with details of your Personal Information that we hold or process. To protect your personal information, we follow set storage and disclosure procedures, which mean that we will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us on the above details.
Right to withdraw consent
Where the legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us on the above details.
Raising a complaint about how we have handled your personal data
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us as set out above and we will then investigate the matter.
Right to lodge a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled to make a complaint to a data protection authority. The competent supervisory authority for us is the Berlin Data Protection Commis-sioner:
Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Tel.: +49 30 13889-0
6. Contact us
This website is owned and operated by Confio GmbH. We are registered on 7th Floor, Pots-damer Platz 1, 10785 Berlin.
Potsdamer Platz 1